Following last weekend’s UFC 247 PPV event, the company has quietly released, or opted not to renew the contracts of eight fighters across the roster.
One fighter who was given his walking papers, is a UFC fan favorite, Ben Saunders. While Saunders was in the middle of a comeback, he had lost four straight fights, and six of his last seven contests.
Here is the full list of UFC fighters recently released from the company as reported by MMA Junkie.
- Junior Albini, heavyweight, 14-6 MMA and 1-4 UFC
- Nathan Coy, welterweight, 15-7 MMA and 1-2 UFC
- Brandon Davis, bantamweight, 10-8 MMA and 2-5 UFC
- Kalindra Faria, flyweight, 18-8-1 MMA and 0-3 UFC
- Grigorii Popov, bantamweight, 13-3 MMA and 0-2 UFC
- Ben Saunders, welterweight, 22-13-2 MMA and 10-10 UFC
- Jin Soo Son, bantamweight, 9-4 MMA and 0-2 UFC
- Daniel Spitz, heavyweight, 6-3 MMA and 1-3 UFC
It’s expected that a lot of these fighters will land in other promotions, but looking at their records it is understandable as to why Dana White let them go.
We will keep you updated if we hear anything more about UFC cuts.
Check out our official store at PRO WRESTLING TEES, show us your support and buy a shirt. You can visit our store by clicking here.
Also check us out on Facebook and give us a like and share by clicking HERE.