Last week on NXT: We are in the midst of a Takeover:Hangover with the matches taking place before the Takeover event. The Sky Pirates (Io Shirai and Kairi Sane) defeated Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke in a rather easy win. The Forgotten Sons got a win over the Street Profits, but everyone really only talked about Montez Ford’s insane jumping front flip to the outside.
No cold open, we jump right into this!
Aleister Black, Ricochet and Velveteen Dream vs. Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano
- Shawn Michaels is on commentary with Vic Joseph
- What’s crazy is, WWE didn’t want the results to leak out, so we are watching this LIVE from the Performance Center. This is something special.
- I don’t know who is in the crowd or what, Tommaso is being boo’d so I feel like it’s the typical Full Sail crowd, they just don’t seem as loud. Maybe it’s because of the way they are mic’d.
- Gotta love Velveteen’s gear, he is wearing football pants, with all the padding inserted. He has his eye make-up on and had a hand warmer dealy to start the match.
- The crowd chants “Johnny Halftime”. With Gargano and Morrison using Johnny as their first name. I’ve come to realize that “Johnny” is the easiest name to put in front of any word. I don’t know why that name works so well but it f’n does.
- Gargano and Ricochet start off hot with some great counter wrestling. I figure after watching the first half of the Super Bowl any action is good for the viewer.
- This match is going the length of the halftime show. So everyone is wrestling with urgency and hitting signature moves. Whoever laid this match out knows what the hell they are doing.
- Shawn is so into the match that he isn’t commentating much. Black and Cole are both tagged in. Quick tags, everyone is interacting, good stuff.
- Right after I typed that little blurb, Dream and Ciampa are in the ring running around.
- Dream does the three point stance and is showing us why he is a fantastic wrestler. He incorporates so much nuance in his wrestling and character it’s astounding. Ciampa won’t play these games though and kicks Dream square in the mouth.
- Once all six men start getting in the ring, the babyfaces all do their flippy springboard poses. Aleister sitting, Ricochet super hero’ing and Dream flaunting. It was quite a moment.
- Ciampa is quick to attack Dream on the outside and these dudes are doing everything so fast, if it wasn’t for the audio, I’d say this match is sped up to 1.5x
- Dream’s gear says #LFG and I’ve spent a good portion of the match trying to figure out what it means.
- Looks like the heel team is working over Dream, The hot tag happens so quickly. This match is becoming very bonkers and is super hard to keep track of. I mean exciting move, after counter, after double team move.
- I’m gonna quote HBK during the madness, “sitback and enjoy it everybody”.
- This is one of those matches that enamor you, and is really hard to process everything you are seeing.
- It’s a legit multi-car crash where each car is crashing into the one in front of it and everything begins to pile up. This is the definition of a fireworks factory. More “ooh’s and ahh’s” from the crowd than on the 4th of July.
- EVERYONE is hitting finishers on each other, it’s so got damn slick and smooth. The crowd is dueling “This is awesome/This is awesome” AMAZING!! I’ve never heard that before but I’ve never seen a match like this before on WWE television. This is a damn sprint.
- Just to get a grasp on how fast this action is. We have six guys, sometimes only one-on-one, but everyone is gasping for air. They are going all the hell out.
- Adam Cole even catches Ricochet with a superkick counter from a top rope moonsault. These are the best wrestlers going. I can’t believe how great these performers are. Everything is hitting, everything is crisp.
- We even get a six dude strike battle where punches are just flowing back and forth between all the men…. It turns into an all out war and I haven’t had this much fun watching wrestling in a long ass while. Greatest spot fest of all time.
- Adam Cole was taking a break on the top rope and was shocked to see Ricochet in front of him dazed. Cole doesn’t believe the opportunity and hits his Panama Sunrise Canadian destroyer. HBK marked out for it and it was tremendous.
- Ricochet gets hit with a double superkick and a knee to the back of the head by Johnny, Adam and Ciampa.
- Black made the save and I have no idea where these men are going to take me next.
- Dream comes in and takes all three opponents on until he gets hit with a Gargano and Cole duel superkick. There are so many kicks now, I forget what is even happening and who is legal.
- Props to the ref for staying back and deciding to let all these dudes out. She is letting everything play out.
- Dream hits the Purple Rainmaker after tons of chaos for the win.
And I’m Like… Phew… Fuckin’ WOW!!! I can’t believe what I just witnessed. This was the craziest six-man I have ever witnessed. There are literally no words to express everything that happened. This is legendary stuff that just happened. Bravo to NXT!
You can follow me on Twitter here. Make sure to follow us on Twitter @BodySlamNet@BodySlamDotNet and on Instagram @BodySlamDotNet Also check us out on Facebook and give us a like and share by clicking HERE.