It was reported earlier today that 4th generation independent wrestling standout, Brogan Finlay, son of Dave “Fit” Finlay was one name that would be receiving a WWE tryout this week in Orlando at the Performance Center.
At the time, the other names that would be part of this week’s WWE Tryouts at the Performance Center was not known. However, I reached out to sources within WWE and can now confirm the entire list of athletes and wrestlers who were invited to tryout.
- Copeland Barbee
- David Goldy
- Jay Malachi
- Richard Holliday
- Brogan Finlay
- Jamie Stanley
- Ray Jaz
- Jazmin Allure
- Hollyhood Haley J
- Kelsey Heather
- Valentina Rossi
- Madi Wrenkowski
Many of these names you probably recognize as David Goldy, Jay Malachi, Ray Jaz, Kelsey Heather, Jamie Stanley, Brogan Finlay, Hollyhood Haley J, Valentina Rossi, Madi Wrenkowski, and Richard Holiday have all established themselves on the independent wrestling scene, some with more notoriety than others.
– Jay Malachi is an young star from the Carolinas, having competed for companies like Firestar Pro Wrestling, PWF, Deadlock Pro, GCW, West Coast Pro, and others. He also has competed for AEW.
– Copeland Barbee was a collegiate wrestler at Queens University of Charlotte.
– Richard Holiday is a former MLW Tag Team Champion (With MJF), as well as IWA Caribbean Heavyweight Champion, also holding titles in Beyond Wrestling, Big Time Wrestling, ECWA, PAPW, and others. He has recently competed for AML Wrestling, GCW, Beyond Wrestling since returning from his battle with cancer after he revealed he had stage 4 Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
– David Goldy is a product of The Monster Factory, and has competed numerous times on AEW Dark. Most recently he participated in the NJPW All Star Junior Festival USA 2023, where he defeated Vinny Pacifico in a dark match.
– Brogan Finlay is the son of Dave “Fit” Finlay, and was trained by AR Fox at the WWA4 wrestling school in Atlanta. Brogan has competed all over the indies, most notably for GCW, AML Wrestling, New South, BLP, H2O Wrestling, Beyond, and more.
– Jamie Stanley has been working for the NWA over the last few years, most recently working as part of a tag team called America’s Ego with his partner Joe Alonzo.
– Ray Jaz is mostly known for his work with MLW, but he has also recently wrestled for Beyond Wrestling, Wrestling Open, and others.
– Jazmin Allure made her name on the indies having previously competed for AEW appearing on AEW Dark, and also appeared on an episode of WWE SmackDown earlier this year losing to Lacey Evans.
– Hollyhood Haley J has recently gained fame for her involvement in the Netflix docuseries “Wrestlers” which focuses on the independent wrestling promotion OVW (Ohio Valley Wrestling). Haley J has also wrestled for AEW on Dark in a losing effort to Serena Deeb.
– Kelsey Heather has most recently been competing as part of the WOW roster. She also wrestled for AEW earlier this year on an episode of AEW Dark where she lost to Julia Hart.
– Valentina Rossi has previously competed for WOW, AEW, WWE NXT, and CCW. She spent a lot of time competing for AEW as part of AEW Dark from 2021 to 2023.
– Madi Wrenkowski trained at the Hybrid School of Wrestling, and might be one of the most recognizable on the list. She has been recently featured as part of the NWA, and has competed for ROH, MCW, Mission Pro Wrestling, and WWN.
We will keep you updated on news coming out of this week’s WWE Tryouts at the Performance Center in Orlando, as it becomes available.
Follow us on Twitter: @BodyslamNet