On Twitter, AEW announced that the former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley will make his AEW television return on the January 19 episode of AEW Dynamite.
Tony Khan announced on November 2, 2021 that Jon Moxley had checked himself into an inpatient alcohol treatment program. At the time of the announcement Moxley was still a part of the AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament. He was scheduled to face Orange Cassidy in the tournament, the following day, on Dynamite. He would eventually be replaced by Miro.
It was previously announced by GCW that Moxley was about to return to the ring. He was announced for a GCW World Title defense against Homicide at The WRLD on GCW. The WRLD on GCW will take place on January 23 at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Below is the current card for the 1/19 episode of AEW Dynamite:
- Shawn Spears vs. CM Punk
- Mixed Tag Team Match: Adam Cole & Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. vs. Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander
- The Acclaimed vs. Sting & Darby Allin
- Cody Rhodes Returns
- Skye Blue vs. Serena Deeb
- Lee Johnson & Brock Anderson vs. FTR
- House of Black vs. Varsity Blonds
- Jon Moxley returns