WrestleMania Sunday drew 77,453 spectators who were captivated by the pageantry of the program. The second night featured a marquee of Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, in what was publicized as the ‘Biggest Match in WrestleMania History,’ to bang a drum for the second night of the most ‘stupendous’ WrestleMania.
The show also featured Johnny Knoxville, star of the early ’00s MTV hit reality series Jackass, who pulled out the wackiest of Jackass-esq spots in his match with Sami Zayn. Steve Austin made an appearance following a Pat McAfee-combo that saw Pat compete against both Austin Theory and Vince McMahon and the show also featured a prominent dream match between AJ Styles and Edge. That match ended following a distraction from Damian Priest.
At the beginning of the show, Triple H left his boots in the ring, a gesture symbolizing his imminent retirement. During the show, Naomi and Sasha Banks became the first black women’s tag team champions in their win in the interpromotional fatal-four-way contest.
- RK-Bro defeated The Street Profits and Alpha Academy to retain the Raw Tag Team Championships.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Omos.
- Johnny Knoxville defeated Sami Zayn in an Anything Goes Match.
- Sasha Banks and Naomi defeated Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan, Zelina Vega and Carmela and Shayna Baszler and Natalya to become the NEW Women’s Tag Team Champions.
- Edge defeated AJ Styles.
- Sheamus and Ridge Holland defeated The New Day.
- Pat McAfee defeated Austin Theory.
- Vince McMahon defeated Pat McAfee.
- Roman Reigns defeated Brock Lesnar in a Winner Takes All match to become the NEW WWE Champion.
Follow us on Twitter: @BodyslamNet.