WWE held their Crown Jewel Pay-Per-View on Thursday from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. However, as has been reported there was an incident of some sort which went down following the event that resulted in the majority of the WWE Roster and Staff being stuck in the country unable to leave after their plane was detained and employees forced to remain in the Saudi Arabia an extra day.
We posted an update earlier today showing a video that WWE Spanish Announcer Hugo Savinovich uploaded shedding some more light onto the situation. He stated that he had been told that WWE has not been paid for their previous two Saudi Arabian events and that the company is owed somewhere between $300 and $500 million.
This also falls in line with what Brad Shepard had previously reported, where he first stated that he had been told that Saudi Arabia owed WWE money, and would not be returning until they are paid the money owed.
You can see Brad’s report from twitter below:
“I have the real story they don’t want you to know on the WWE/Saudi Arabia flight delay. Get ready…
According to a high level source in #WWE, the outward reason being given for the extensive delay returning to the US from Saudi Arabia is the plane having mechanical issues. I’m told some WWE employees were able to get on separate rented planes and leave.
As of a few hours ago, making it to Buffalo for showtime was not a guarantee, so we’ll see. I’m told internally that many question the validity of the mechanical issue. I’m told Saudi Arabia owes #WWE money for previous events – I don’t know how much they owe.
Everyone is mad about this. I’m told people were skeptical of the trip to begin with due to #SmackDownOnFox being the next day. I’m told people in WWE were already frustrated to begin with, before the show began, and this only added to it.
According to a source in #WWE, Vince McMahon said they won’t be returning to Saudi Arabia until they get their money owed.”
It had been reported that there was some type of incident that went down involving Vince McMahon and the Prince of Saudi Arabia. Later it came out that McMahon ordered that the Saudi Arabian PPV feed be cut off in the middle of the show. This obviously angered the Prince, who then ordered that the WWE Superstars and Staff be detained and taken off their flight.
Fightful Select has since reported that Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bray Wyatt, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Scott Dawson, Dash Wilder and a four other Superstars and eight other staff members were on the charter flight that left Saudi Arabia. Which I too can confirm that 20 WWE employees were on the charter flight that was able to leave after speaking to a source who was on the flight. This was also confirmed by Dave Meltzer.
I was told after speaking to a source within the company who was on the trip to Saudi Arabia, that many of the members of the WWE Roster feel that they were detained and held in the country against their will as a “power play” by the Saudi Government.
We will keep you updated as more information about the situation that went down in Saudi Arabia continues to come out.
Check out our brand new store at PRO WRESTLING TEES, show us your support and buy a shirt. You can visit our store by clicking here.
Also check us out on Facebook and give us a like and share by clicking HERE.